The AIPCT is pleased to announce a lecture, free and open to the public, by Prof. Dr. Godehard Brüntrup, SJ. The title is “The Place of Freedom in Nature.” Dr. Brüntrup holds the Eric J. Lejeune Chair and Professor of Philosophy at the Munich School of Philosophy (Hochschule für Philosophie, München), Germany. He has held visiting appointments at Fordham University and is a regular visiting professor at Saint Louis University. He is the author and editor of many books and articles, including Panpsychism: Contemporary Perspectives (Oxford, 2016) and Gibt es einen guten Tod? (Is there a Good Death?) from Ignatianische Impuls (2016). His talk will concern the idea of freedom from the standpoint of a process philosopher. The date for the talk is Friday, September 15, 2017, here at AIPCT (411 N. 9th Street in Murphysboro). Auditors may arrive beginning at 6:30 PM and the talk will begin around 7:00. Light refreshments are provided.
- Spring Creativity Conference: “The Soul and Its Body,” March 16, 2023
- Winter/Spring Reading Group and Cyberseminar: Near Death Experiences and the Nature of Consciousness
- Music and Thought: Lift the World (Things We Learned from the Pandemic) – with Curtis & Loretta, Sunday, September 25, 3 PM
- “The Chameleon Novelist: Melville’s Typee,” Mikołaj Wiśniewski, SWPS University, Poland, Friday Sept. 23, 11 AM cdt
- Book Launch: Megan Volpert’s “Straight Into Darkness,” September 10, 2022 at 1:00 PM