The AIPCT is pleased to mark its second anniversary with the Annual Institute Lecture, November 26, 2018. The lecture begins at 7:00, doors open at 6:15. This year’s invited speaker is Dr. Myron M. Jackson, who holds the Besl Chair in the Ethics, Religion, and Society at Xavier University in Cincinnati. His topic is “The Athletic Renaissance: Atlas, Gaia, and Hercules.” Dr. Jackson is a Fellow of the AIPCT, earned his Ph.D and M.A. in Philosophy at SIUC, as well as a B.A. and an M.A. in Political Science. His work focuses on the philosophical aspects of popular culture, historically and in the present (especially in the US), and the metaphysics of time and history as they affect the creation of human culture (politics, religion, ethics). There will be a reception and informal discussion following the lecture. No RSVP is required. Light refreshments and drinks (soft drinks, wine, and beer) will be provided, but attendees are welcome to bring their own favored beverages and to bring a dish if they are so inclined. The lecture is here.
- Spring Creativity Conference: “The Soul and Its Body,” March 16, 2023
- Winter/Spring Reading Group and Cyberseminar: Near Death Experiences and the Nature of Consciousness
- Music and Thought: Lift the World (Things We Learned from the Pandemic) – with Curtis & Loretta, Sunday, September 25, 3 PM
- “The Chameleon Novelist: Melville’s Typee,” Mikołaj Wiśniewski, SWPS University, Poland, Friday Sept. 23, 11 AM cdt
- Book Launch: Megan Volpert’s “Straight Into Darkness,” September 10, 2022 at 1:00 PM