Claudio Paolucci of the University of Bologna will present a seminar on Wednesday evening, October 17, 2018, at 7:30 PM on the topic of laughter in Eco’s philosophy and novels, especially The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loanna. The seminar is free and open to the public. Light snacks and drinks will be provided, but attendees are welcome to bring their own and/or to share with others. Claudio Paolucci is Scientific Director of the Umberto Eco Institute of Semiotics and is Associate Professor of Philosophy and Communication Studies. His many publications include Umberto Eco: Tra Ordine e Avventura (2017). He is a resident fellow of the AIPCT during the fall of 2018. You can watch the seminar here.
- Spring Creativity Conference: “The Soul and Its Body,” March 16, 2023
- Winter/Spring Reading Group and Cyberseminar: Near Death Experiences and the Nature of Consciousness
- Music and Thought: Lift the World (Things We Learned from the Pandemic) – with Curtis & Loretta, Sunday, September 25, 3 PM
- “The Chameleon Novelist: Melville’s Typee,” Mikołaj Wiśniewski, SWPS University, Poland, Friday Sept. 23, 11 AM cdt
- Book Launch: Megan Volpert’s “Straight Into Darkness,” September 10, 2022 at 1:00 PM