AIPCT is pleased to host a seminar on “Photography as a Way of Death Avoidance,” January 30, 2018, beginning at 7:30 PM. The evening’s leader is Diana Prokofyeva, Assistant Professor of Philosophy at Bashkir State University, in Ufa, Russia. Dr. Prokofyeva received her Ph.D. in philosophy from Bashkir State in 2012 and is currently on sabbatical in the United States. Her work focuses on ideas about the person and modern culture, at the intersection of philosophy and existential psychology. The seminar is free and open to the public. Participants may begin arriving at 7 PM. Light refreshments are provided, but participants may also bring food and drinks if they so desire.
- Spring Creativity Conference: “The Soul and Its Body,” March 16, 2023
- Winter/Spring Reading Group and Cyberseminar: Near Death Experiences and the Nature of Consciousness
- Music and Thought: Lift the World (Things We Learned from the Pandemic) – with Curtis & Loretta, Sunday, September 25, 3 PM
- “The Chameleon Novelist: Melville’s Typee,” Mikołaj Wiśniewski, SWPS University, Poland, Friday Sept. 23, 11 AM cdt
- Book Launch: Megan Volpert’s “Straight Into Darkness,” September 10, 2022 at 1:00 PM